This month has seen the following:-
Templot track plans were produced as continuous rolls during July by a local printer.
These have now been glued down to both High- and Low-Level boards. This has not been problem free. The first attempt, using PVA as the adhesive, resulted in cockling and distortion of the plan. Discussions with the printer revealed that a thinner than normal paper had been used, and he recommended Spray Mount as a more suitable adhesive. All boards now have their track plans, and sleeper laying is under way.
- Construction of the warehouse is making good progress, with painting and detailing well in hand, and the roof has been built.
- The accompanying buildings to complete the scenic items at that end of the layout have been discussed, agreed, and their shell produced.
- Final adjustments to the High-Level boards have been made to enable the girder bridge to fit accurately and securely, and the necessary stays fabricated. In order to protect the bridge during storage and transit, a coffin has been built. The bridge can now be exhumed safely when required.
- It has been agreed that a signal box should be positioned between the tracks as they emerge from under the girder bridge. The design has been decided on with the aid of a mock up, based on a Mackenzie and Holland standard box. Work is now in hand on building the model.
- Rail for the project has been delivered. Turnout components have been made by BorgRail and will be delivered during the last week in August. Sourcing of electrical components will happen at Guildex.